The success of penetration of technology in homes today is because, without any great knowledge, only have to turn on the device and now works. Nothing complicated, manual configurations with thousands of pages, etc..
Still never it is worth knowing some of the widely used standards and they are essential to its operation. One of the latest is DECT ULE, a standard that was created as a variant of DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications, digitally-enhanced wireless telecommunications).
DECT ULE-reducuiendo power consumption
DECT is an ETSI standard that we all use today because it is present in wireless phones. Accurate, is your home phone. Wireless communications are improved thanks to him. And not only in issues of voice where the audio is clearer and better quality but also in data transfers.
With a radius of action to vada from 25 to 100 metres, DECT allow different uses and now launches a new variant: DECT ULE.
DECT ULE uses the frequency band 1.9Ghz that you have less interference than other options like bluetooth or Zigbee. A rule created to allow that domotic, segurodad, application of monitoring of power, etc systems can connect to the internet thanks to DECT-compliant routers that exist.
In summary a bit the benefits of DECT ULE:
- It facilitates the development and implementation due to the widespread use of DECT networks
- Reliability of connections both inside (up to 70 meters) and outdoor (up to 600 meters)
- Frequency interference-free
- Support of voice, video, HA, home, security, and other applications
- They can coexist with other technologies such as Wifi or bluetooth no problems
- It can be accessed from the outside thanks to an IP or PSTN network
- Supported by DECT and ETSI standard
- Low consumption
In short, we will gradually go seeing as different manufacturers are releasing more products that make use of this standard that will facilitate improvements in the home. An example, the intelligent connector Fritz! 200 DECT.